Have a day tour to Old Cairo and Coptic Cairo visiting Salah El Din Citadel, constructed during the Crusades in 1183 AD, and admire Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque inside the castle’s walls. Tour Coptic Cairo to learn about Egypt’s Christian history and the founding of Cairo before exploring Khan El Khalili.
Our Representative will pick you up from your hotel to enjoy a visit to Salah El Din Citadel which was constructed by Salah El Din on the Moqattam hills to defend Cairo from the armies of Crusaders. After that visit Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque which was designed by the architect Yousif Boushnaq, a Turkish man who came specially from Istanbuland built this great mosque for Mohamed Ali, the ruler of Egypt (1805-1849) who ruled Over 45 years.
Continue driving to the area of Islamic Cairo, where you will be able to explore Khan El Khalili, Cairo’s old bazaar. Then we move on to Coptic Cairo to visit the Hanging Church, Ben Ezra Synagogue, Church of St. Barbara, Church of Abu Serga and back to hotel and overnight in Cairo. and back to hotel.
- • Pick up services from your hotel & return.
- • All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- • Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide.
- • Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- • Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- • All taxes & service charge
Services Not Included
- • Any extras not mentioned in the program
- • Tipping